We'll send you a newsletter from time to time. Enter your details below.
1. What do you most like about taking part in Open Studios?
It’s always interesting to discover what other people see in my work – what special, personal, meanings they find in it, and how it excites them in different ways.
2. What piece of work, product or item are you most looking forward to showing and why?
A new painting entitled 6 Days in September, 6 Days in October: a ‘painting about painting’ to use Peter Fuller’s phrase.
3. What’s the best thing about your studio space?
It has great light – and it’s always warm!
4. What one thing in your studio that would you save in a fire?
My XXL Japanese calligraphy brush – it was very expensive!
5. Whose studio would you be visiting if you had the time?
6. What are you working on at the moment?
A new series of drawings based on Aristotle’s ‘Historia Animalium’
7. What inspires you?
Nature … and culture …
8. Are you taking part in any other events or exhibitions in the coming months?
I currently have five large oil paintings based on animal performers in ‘Marvelosa’, work inspired by The National Fairground Archive at The University of Sheffield Library Gallery, Western Bank, Sheffield. This exhibition is open until January 2015.
Open Studios runs from 21-23 November across three sites at Yorkshire Artspace. Details can be found here