We'll send you a newsletter from time to time. Enter your details below.
Yorkshire Artspace is pleased to announce the launch our new microgrants which aim to:
• Support artists in the development of their practice and realisation of their ideas.
• Increase public access to and engagement with the work of artists and makers.
We are looking for interesting ideas which people can engage with for example via direct participation or as audience. We would like to support activity which will make the most of this small sum of money for example by using it to lever in other funding, in-kind support or by attracting volunteers. We are also interested in activity which helps you to make connections or work in partnership with a particular group or organisation.
Your activity must take place in Sheffield city centre or neighbourhoods during 2014. We can also offer work space, with no additional to charge to you, as follows:
•1 microgrant offered with access to space at the Ruskin Studio within SOAR Works, Parson Cross
•up to 3 microgrants offered with access to space at Exchange Place Studios, city centre
[November Open Studio event on 16th Nov an ideal time to view space at Exchange Place Studios and Christams Event on 7th Dec at SOAR Works to view Ruskin Studio.]
Up to £500 (inc VAT). You will need to indicate how much you want and what the money will be used for. If the microgrant is only part of the total project costs then please provide us with an overall budget breakdown for total project costs.
Let us know if this microgrant will help you to achieve some or all of the following:
• Attract other funding or financial support
• In-kind support i.e. use of equipment/venues/staff time at no cost
• Meaningful use of volunteers.
• Identify a key partner i.e. community group/local initiative/organisation you will work with.
WHAT WILL YOU HAVE TO DO?
• Realise/deliver your idea. You will be responsible for project management, driving and delivering the project to completion.
• Provide us with regular blog/updates and images of your work for inclusion on our website to help you publicise/promote your activty.
• Sign a letter of agreement with YA if successful in receiving a microgrant.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send the following information via email:
• Project Outline (up to 2 sides of A4) indicating; how this microgrant will benefit you/your practice, how people will be involved, key dates such as workshops/events, partner(s) and their role
• Timeline of activity (when you intend the activty to take place)
• Budget indicating any other funding/in-kind support
• If you would like access Ruskin or Exchange Place studio
• up to 5 supporting images (jpegs) max 2MB each
• Website address and/or relevant weblinks
email above to email@example.com by 5pm Monday 16th December 2013. Decisions made by end of January 2014